Interlocking systems are designed to provide a safe, efficient and convenient means of opening and closing doors in a controlled environment such as a cleanroom. In cleanrooms designed with multiple entry points or interconnected rooms, the doors can be equipped with an interlock door system to prevent a sudden loss of positive pressure and the resulting influx of air due to personnel inadvertently opening too many doors at once.
When one of the interlocked doors is open, all other interconnected door locks will prevent personnel from opening any of the other doors. This feature will prevent cross-contamination in high-volume production facilities that utilise multiple cleanrooms with varying levels of cleanliness.
An interlock door system prevents loss of pressure and allows the ventilation and air purification systems to operate optimally.
At Saakvee, we are leaders in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art interlock systems for cleanrooms as well as any other critical area that requires door access control. Our interlock door systems are available for installation as part of a door package or separately, to existing doors. Our designs are cost-effective and will provide safe, functional and user-friendly control to any facility.
Modular Cleanroom Benefits
- Modular Construction
- Quick Assembly Time
- Airflow Control
- Inexpensive Modifications
How Interlock Door Systems Operate In A Cleanroom Environment
Interlock door systems for cleanrooms are used in a variety of industries worldwide. An interlock can take many forms. In its simplest form, an interlock comprises two doors, each opening into a separate space, with an airspace between them.
The functional concept of an interlock is to prevent two doors from being opened at the same time, therefore preventing air from passing from one space directly into the other. Interlocks are typically used in cleanroom environments and manufacturing areas to preserve air quality and prevent outside airborne particulates from entering process areas.
The interlock system will arrive pre-programmed at your premises, and the status of the interlocked doors can be monitored using a display located on the cleanroom control panel.
In the event of an emergency or power outage, the interlocks will be deactivated and the sliding doors will swing open if pushed forcefully outward. Common areas in cleanroom and production environments using interlocks are personnel entrances and exits, gowning and de-gowning areas, and material transfer airlocks.
Cleanroom Design, Build & Validation
- Budgeting and planning
- Engineering, design & layout
- Airflow and filtration design
- Construction and Installation
- Full Certification of our product
- Industry-specific equipment installation
Benefits Of Interlock Door Systems
An interlock door system is one of the most secure methods of access control for controlled environments. In its simplest form, an interlock door system is composed of two doors electronically connected so that one cannot open until the other has closed. Its mechanism is similar to that of an airlock.
- Automated doors are particularly suitable for areas with high volumes of traffic, as they reduce contamination by removing the need to touch the door surface.
- Automated doors sustain less damage and wear from trolleys and other aggressive traffic, thereby increasing the life of the doors and reducing maintenance costs.
- In controlled environments, particularly where rooms are operating under air pressure, using interlocks will provide a smooth effortless operation.
- Interlocking doors provide one of the highest levels of entrance control and access management available which is critical for controlled environments.
- It provides intrusion protection as it is resistant to ballistic and blast attacks.
- Interlocking doors are often fitted with a range of different detection systems which enable them to detect and prevent multiple and unauthorised entries.
- Interlocking doors are ideal for use in cleanrooms from pharmaceutical and food manufacturing to microelectronics and aviation industries.
Modular Cleanroom Services
- Design & Build
- Free Site Survey
- Free Design Service
- Cleanroom Planning
- Construction and Installation
- CNC Engineered
- Training & Support
- Discounted Service Contracts
- Remedial Works
- Panel Repairs
- BMS Management
- Cleanroom Certification
- Differential Pressure Qualification
- Servicing Testing Validation
- Smoke Testing
- DOP Testing
Saakvee For The Supply And Installation Of Interlock Door Systems
At Saakvee, we are committed to constructing and delivering high quality cleanroom accessories and consumables for diverse industries. We are able to supply both standard and customised solutions composed of electronic control panels and door accessories.
We make use of our vast experience and skilled engineers to deliver state-of-the-art cleanroom technology at very competitive prices.
We offer quality service, especially with the design and installation of interlock door systems in your controlled environment. Our services are ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 accredited, and our experienced CTCB certified engineers can provide these services to your controlled environments .
- ISO 4-9
- ISO 14644
- Low Power Consumption
- Environmentally Friendly
- HEPA Filters
- Air Filtration
- Fan Filter Units
- Cleanroom Ceiling System
- Temperature Control
- Access Control
- Inter Lock Door Systems
- Air Showers
- Unidirectional Airflow
- Desiccator Cabinets
- Horizontal Flow Wall Modules
- Horizontal Laminar Flow Clean Benches
- Laminar flow cabinets
- Laminar Flow Canopy